Between juggling work, schedules, family and friends, it can be difficult to think clearly. Thankfully, there are effective natural products to help us with things like concentration and memory. Check out some of our favorite products to help fuel brainpower and feel more on top of your daily routine. Make sure to check out our segment this Weds morning on Daybreak when we will talk about these wonderful products!
Vitamin B Complex
B Vitamins are known as powerhouses when it comes to boosting brain energy levels. Specifically, Vitamins B6 and B12 help our neurotransmitters, which in turn helps improve our ability to think more clearly. Vitamin B9, better known as Folic Acid help to speed memory recall and information processing. You can find B-Complex in traditional capsules here.
WishGarden Genius Juice
This unique herbal formula evokes the genius in you by supporting brain health. It contains Ginkgo, perhaps the most widely known brain herb for mood and Gotu Kola which is regarded as “brain food” for help with memory. Genius Juice is an excellent study and creative process aid, perfect for students, helpful for creative professionals, and good for everyday folk who want more brawn from their brains. www.wishgarden.com
Flax Oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which serve as powerful food for the brain. In fact, 60 percent of the brain consists of lipids (fats) which make up the lining, or cell membrane of brain cells. Consuming high-quality Omega 3 fatty acids provide vital nutrients for better brain functioning. In fact, research published in various scientific journals including American Journal of Psychiatry and Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders indicated that Omega 3 fatty acids may help boost mood and reduce the risk of dementia. www.barleans.com
Known as an up-and-coming Superfood, Hemp Seeds contain Omega 3, 6, and 9 (the Essential Fatty Acids) and its very own unique compound which has been shown to promote memory, learning and immune function. According to research performed at the University of Michigan, Hemp seeds may stimulate the brain enzyme known as calcineurin, which helps with brain synapse activities. Seeds can be eaten straight from the bag; sprinkled on top of vegetables, soups, yogurt, and cereals; mixed into baked recipes; or blended into a gourmet nut butter. Shop Nativis Organic Hemp Seeds.
You can combine nuts, seeds and berries to make your own brainpower trailmix!
- Sunflower seeds contain the amino acid tryptophan, an important amino acid that the brain converts to seratonin and Vitamin E which may protect against Alzheimer’s.
- Peanuts also contain Vitamin E and minerals which are important for brain nerve cells to function.
- Pumpkin seeds contain Zinc which help with our recall and quick comebacks.
- Blueberries contain flavonoids which help with learning and memory and may even delay the on-set of age related cognitive impairment. Look for dried blueberries, which are perfect in trailmixes!
- Almonds contain nutrientriboflavin and L-carnitine, which are vital nutrients known to to fuel the brain.
- Walnuts contain Omega-3’s and antioxidants and recently where the subject of a study performed at Tufts University in Boston, which found that a walnut rich diet might improve mental ability.
- Raisins contain high amounts of boron, a crucial mineral that helps increase brain function.
Look in your bulk isle to find the lowest prices for your mix and stock up on sale items!
Make sure to consult your doctor before beginning any new supplement.