By: Dayna Copeland Schaef
The Aloe Vera plant is a spiny, gelatinous shrub most famous for soothing red, blistered skin after too much fun in the sun, but it’s list of health benefits extends far beyond that. There are so many uses for this hearty botanical – from scalp treatment to arthritis relief, is there anything that Aloe Vera can’t do?
1. Drink Aloe Vera Juice for Digestive Health: Have you come down with a bout of the flu? Drinking Aloe Vera Juice can help to replace the natural flora of bacteria in your stomach, helping you to feel like yourself again, sooner.
2. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to Cuts, Bruises and Scabs to ease pain and prevent scarring: We knew that Aloe Vera gel was the best thing to use after a painful sunburn, but it is also perfect for applying on cuts, bruises and scabs. It soothes pain and discomfort and helps your body heal, preventing unsightly scarring.
3. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to Prevent Wrinkles and renew skin elasticity: Some studies have shown that Aloe Vera can stimulate cell regrowth. Applying a little Aloe gel to your face and neck after a shower can leave you with a youthful, natural glow.
4. Use as an Acne Treatment, and on stubborn pimples and breakouts: A little Aloe gel applied to your breakouts can reduce redness and inflammation, as well as prevent pimple scarring.
5. Stimulate Hair Growth in balding spots: Use Aloe gel in place of a conditioner in the shower. Apply it after shampooing, or in lieu of, and either rinse it out then, or let it sit overnight, to stimulate regrowth.
6. Treat Dandruff flakes as a conditioner in the shower: The gel not only helps your hair to grow, but it moisturizes your scalp and treats itchy dandruff at the root.
7. Drink Aloe Juice to relieve arthritis and rheumatism discomfort: Taken orally, Aloe acts as an anti-inflammatory, treating the pain of arthritis and rheumatism.
8. Drink Aloe Juice to relieve stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, and colitis: What Aloe does for your outsides, it can surely do for your insides. Aloe Juice moisturizes and heals your stomach and intestines, undoing the damage that has been done by syndromes and illnesses like IBS, Colitis and hemorrhoids.
9. Use in toothpaste for impeccable gums and teeth: Healthy teeth start with healthy gums, so using a toothpaste fortified with Aloe encourages a pristine mouth.
10. Drink to manage your blood sugar: Those suffering with diabetes have attested to the juices positive influence on managing healthy blood sugar levels.