January 21, 2017
Reduce cancer risk by up to 79 percent by changing one simple thing
When it comes to health strategies, often times we forget about the simple things that we can do to help improve our well-being. Thankfully, many of these options are easy and can be accomplished at little-to-no cost. In fact, one of the simplest cancer prevention strategies is one that nearly everyone can do daily without much effort.
Obviously water is vital to our overall health, but how many times have you went almost an entire day without so much as a sip of liquids and then drink excessively after feeling a strong sense of thirst? If so, you could be chronically dehydrated and putting your health at risk. Not many people realize it, but drinking enough fluids each day is one of the most important things we can do to look and feel our best. In fact, proper water and fluid consumption can help ease back and joint pain, boost metabolism and even reduce cancer risk by up to 79%!
Here are some interesting facts about how water and fluid intake influences our health:
• 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world population)
• Even MILD dehydration will slow down ones metabolism as much as 3%.
• One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
• Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
• Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day (half of that coming from food and drinks other than plain water) could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
• A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
• Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by up to 45%, the risk of breast cancer by up to 79%, and the risk of bladder cancer by up to 50%!
When you first start drinking the fluids that your body needs, you might experience increased urination as your body is used to utilizing whatever little moisture it receives to flush out toxins. However, keep drinking the 8 to 10 glasses of fluids you should be each day and before long you will notice a striking change in the way you look and feel. You might notice your skin looking brighter and clearer and start to feel better and more focused. If healthy skin is your focus, check out these other natural acne treatments.
As you continue to drink the appropriate amount of fluids, your body will start to trust that more is coming so it will get rid of any water retention weight in your body. This will encourage weight to drop from problem areas such as the hips, ankles, stomach and thighs.